Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > X1
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

X1 on its side..?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stumbler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: X1 on its side..?
    Posted: 07 December 2007 at 5:22pm
Anyone tried it?  how does it sound?  guessing might be loss in bottom end output as one port would be away from the floor, but looking at different stacking options and would be good to know if this could be done and still sound heavy..?

thanks

matt
not as straight forward as i first imagined..
sukebe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sukebe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2007 at 6:29pm
I done it.

Sounds alright. I dont think there is much loss of low end when playing at relatively low levels anyway. I aint had a chance to really crank it while stacked like this so wouldnt know. But definitely still sounds heavy.

I reckon its better to put the largest chamber port to the floor, so if you looking at them from the back, you want the access panel to the floor.

Hope this helps
Stumbler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stumbler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2007 at 2:12am
thats good to know, thanks

anyone else got any experience with this?
abrupt View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abrupt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2007 at 7:28pm
i was thinking the same i will let you know in a few days
jamie1107 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamie1107 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2008 at 4:09pm

dont even waste the time and energy of lifting your cabs we tested the x1 when first designed with the p audio and the v 18 s in and they sound pants they wont drop as low and you will lose atleast 3db probably more doesnt sound alot but it is best advice leave them as they are the configuration fools the driver into thinking the ports are longer hence we can get away with an 18 in such a compact cab with such a good output take that away and you have an 18 in a small cab with one port longer then the other depending on which one front or rear of the driver it will have different affects but bottom line is they wont be good

Stumbler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stumbler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2008 at 12:04pm
Um, thanks for that, i think...?   Not sure how turning the cab on its side will stop fooling the driver that the ports are longer than they are...?

anyhoo, on a simlar note, if you had to stack a pair of X1's next to each other on the floor, which way round would you do it? ie short port next to short port, long to long, or long to short?
hope that makes sense!

thanks

M
jamie1107 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamie1107 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2008 at 7:58pm
the reason it fools the driver is very complicated it is due to it being in line with the floor roger did explain it to me a while ago but i cant remember the finer ports it is true for many of the designs like this eg g sub
anyway stacking two together you want them side by side so the ports are vertial ie small dimention at bottom and top long dimension up the sides  this will sound best and drop lowest you may beable to get a few more db through phasing you might need to strap them down as they walk nicely obvously feet are not ideal as it raises the ports off the ground

having said that i tried one with the ports facing to the sky once in the back of a car that was funny popped out the rear screen just after the roof rose by almost 2 inches in the middle and it only saw about 300wrmsSmile
 Post Reply Post Reply