Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Other plans
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Manifold 2x18 plans

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unknown Enemy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2007 at 5:04pm
i do like the G subs but would need to make a foam grill so the speakers are covered.

what would be the best and lowest drives to fit in these cabs???

just getting lots of different ideas before i start buy and building. dont fancy building them and then someone says that not that good after all.

login4 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote login4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2007 at 7:02pm
cant go wrong with 2 x 18" reflex, have a look around for some Fane XB's or Pd186 and you'll be set for years,,
CELTIC SUBSONIC SOUND SYSTEMS
Disco Stu View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Disco Stu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2007 at 7:29pm
Just beware of the size, G subs are big, are you sure you need 2x18, I use 2x 1x15s for my PA, why not double 15"s you dont need anything lower for live

Stu
All you need to know is:
Sensitivity + Power Handling - Power Compression = Max Output

My acts:
www.myspace.com/thebowiexperience
www.myspace.com/scheisseelektronisches
Unknown Enemy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unknown Enemy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2007 at 9:31pm
i see what you are saying. i mean i have the DB sub 15 (800 watts rms) for disco use and its a true beast with 133spl output.
Disco Stu View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Disco Stu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2007 at 12:00am
Power is largely irrelevant the difference between 400W and 800W is <3dB and if its active then 800W at clip means around 400W RMS in normal operation.

Stu
All you need to know is:
Sensitivity + Power Handling - Power Compression = Max Output

My acts:
www.myspace.com/thebowiexperience
www.myspace.com/scheisseelektronisches
Hugo Biermann View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hugo Biermann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2008 at 12:31am
Heres  another 1 if it helps...

img516/7939/mtl2bfi3.jpg
da_audio_don View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote da_audio_don Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2008 at 5:17pm

Those plans are the most detailed plans on the MTL2!!! Those cabinets are extremely popular where I live. They do not go low compared to other dual 18 designs, but they sure do pack some serious punch in numbers!! For example, a local club has 24 of these units stacked two high on their sides. The bass was INCREDIBLE. I think 4 MTL2's per side would handle a majority of live sound applications. You could also use some regular vented 18s or 21s to extend the response a little bit. Thats just my 2 cents...

VECTORDJ View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VECTORDJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2008 at 10:26pm
Hi Three-Bee, What other good plans do you have. The EV drawings are super!!! Thanks,  VECTORDJ    USA
mylesound View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mylesound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2008 at 10:47pm
it all comes back to the same thing.
for your application your looking for a reflex bin.
If you have the contact to it id say go for the B&C. they even have dual 15" subs tuned to their drivers. and i have heard their single 18. with the tbx100, perfect for live sound.
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hugo Biermann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2008 at 11:13am
I would much rather go for this:

G-Sub loaded with P-Audio C18-600LF's. Two a side will be plenty loud and smaller then MTL 2's.

img85/4064/gsubpaudioc18600lfdo0.jpg
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hugo Biermann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2008 at 12:23pm
Heres another 'OEM' drawing......

img247/3794/electrovoicemtl2wx0.jpg
sega8994 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sega8994 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2008 at 11:53am
do you have a US COPY
Tattoo Man
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>