Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > New Projects Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

LjudLahger project

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 15>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2009 at 1:25pm
how much does ya dad want for that CNC?

you must be so excited, good on ya!
LjudLahger View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LjudLahger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2009 at 9:06pm
Yeah, I will research after the program so maby I just could put my cad drawing in to it!

But here is what I have done for a while...

It is a downscale 1850 "15 inch" with some mod on the chamber. And because we only could be at the workshop at night I put it together at home LOL

Are going to do another one in this weekend...

And we did some listening to!

As expected, really "punchy" cab and with some freq sweep 20-500hz it did sound as the curve with hornresp. I would say that this could be used from 60-400hz without that "honk" and getting into x-mech, but this is my opinion. Everybody has their own taste and reference.

R&B with very low bass did almost not exist.

But dance music and rock, ride on!

When we got our two cabs done, we are going to let them breath in a bigger place because the test was done in a small room and I could not give all I got.

So the questions is, should we build 2 more, 4 total, or 2 scoop's under...and what should we name it?

Edited by SweSound - 27 April 2009 at 10:57am
mykey View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2009 at 8:00am
that would be a bit of a wasted 'longish' horn to put on scoops

for scoops you can get away with a straight kick horn or a 2 fold design
or everybodys favourite the HD15

I would build 2 more
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LjudLahger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2009 at 10:33am
I know that it's a big cab for kick but now it's done so...

More would go deeper, right?

We could in the the future build some sub with 18" because it's hard to go low with this kappa because its x-max...

And I got one more question,

when I look at the x-max plot in hornresp, if the cone moving 10mm at some freq, and I do lets say -3dB with the in signal at the freq, would the cone just move 5mm then?
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LjudLahger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2009 at 9:55pm
Nr 2...

Edited by SweSound - 21 February 2009 at 9:55pm
Mark James View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2009 at 12:39am

interesting!!!!!!!!!!!!lol

let me know how they perform lols

any plans? cut sheet hahaha

me so horny me love you long throw
horn loaded for her pleasure
Xmax extreme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xmax extreme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2009 at 2:53am
Originally posted by SweSound SweSound wrote:

Nr 2...

Yeah very interesting...  a miniature.... LOL....
 Nice build swesound!Clap
Maximum Excursion

Don't criticize your own competition, it looks like a publicity of your own commercial products.
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LjudLahger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2009 at 2:47pm
Thank you, thank you!

Plans maby will be released here after real testing...Wink

And things are getting pretty done, only the "door" left, right now I have to kick it in place...and some routing the corners everywhere and speakonplate...

Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LjudLahger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2009 at 2:57pm

boab View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2009 at 6:21pm
Dont forget to put the front brace in.
I once modeled the 1850 in ansys without the front brace and boy did it wobble.
In particular the bottom panel will resonate heavily, can be used to musical effect though! try bashing it with a clenched fist and listen to it ring.
boab
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LjudLahger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2009 at 11:17am
Originally posted by boab boab wrote:

Dont forget to put the front brace in.
I once modeled the 1850 in ansys without the front brace and boy did it wobble.
In particular the bottom panel will resonate heavily, can be used to musical effect though! try bashing it with a clenched fist and listen to it ring.
boab

We will probably do that but we did not have plywood enough...Cry

And we don't have massive power like everybody else here so right now the cabs will get 330w rms...1300w mono so when we get 4 cabs we will do a series / parallel to get 8 ohm mono...I think....

Old scool....

Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LjudLahger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2009 at 9:19pm
And I weight them today, 50kg.

So right now I'm listening to my new "hifi" sterio LOL

They sound very nice with a cut at 200 because that's probably where we gonna cut our 10"...

And I downloaded a tone generator, and to my ears they start dropping at 70-80hz...not very good, but maby it's not much, would be best with a microphone. And up to 400hz ...

But still are we going to test them in a bigger place, hopefully in this week Tongue
Because right now my neighbours don't like me...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 15>