Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > X1
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Letterbox X1 plan

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Letterbox X1 plan
    Posted: 24 August 2005 at 6:07am
Based on what Dom has redesigned for his X1 so he can stack double hd15 kick bins on top nicely, I have mostly finished modifying the x1 plans on this site to his dimensions.

I can post them later on today if this is a) OK with Rog as far as modifying his work goes and b) useful to some people.

Let me know guys and gals.

@Dom - I should probably PM the plan to you for verification!

Cheers,
Angus

NP: Lipps Inc - Funky Town into Selector - On My Radio. Ah, how I love my random MP3 play lists quality!
mans1000 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mans1000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2005 at 6:15am
You'll have to send smoke signals to Rog,but I wouldn't mind seeing em'
angus View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2005 at 9:34am
Apparently Rog is on his way back sometime soon. (At least I think I read this in a post from Rog's brother)

I have it drawn up to scale in OpenOffice - I just need to add the dimension labels when I get back home tonight and post to Dom to make sure it's ok.
mykey View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2005 at 11:13am

if the x1 dont rattle your letter box.....gggwwwwwwwaaaaaakkkk

it aint any good!!

kevinmcdonough View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevinmcdonough Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2005 at 6:20pm
Originally posted by angus angus wrote:

I have it drawn up to scale in OpenOffice - I just need to add the dimension labels when I get back home tonight and post to Dom to make sure it's ok.

yeah i'd love to see it too, was planning to do something similar.

Originally posted by angus angus wrote:

Apparently Rog is on his way back sometime soon. (At least I think I read this in a post from Rog's brother)

Saw that one too. Wasn't sure whether to believe it or not. Not that i think Rog's brother would be untruthfull or anything, but with this being the internet your never quite sure whether people are actually who they say they are.

kev
Dom View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2005 at 7:03pm
Not sure how it needs any verification from me....  I made my box up as I went along...  As long as you keep the volumes and the port areas/lengths the same I don't really think it matters what you do to it...
"It sounded like a million fire engines chasing ten million ambulances through a war zone and it was played at a volume that made the empty chair beside me bleed."
angus View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2005 at 7:33pm
@Dom - just thought I'd do it for the guy that didn't get it from what you said and for fun to see what it looks like.

@all - looks like it's tomorrow for the plan then as I haven't touched it this evening and it's late.
angus View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2005 at 6:43am
here it is. Didin't do too much and it looks pretty similar. No dimensions for back plate as I don't have a driver to hand and have never built one of these cabs before, but you'll probably have to put the driver in diagonally.

Front view:

Side view:

(Wood is 18mm birch ply)

Hope it helps someone.

Cheers,
Angus

Dom View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2005 at 4:35pm

Theres a few additions for how I did mine - note both braces go all the way back to the rear panel.  There is also a  brace in the middle bracing the side panels.

Theres about 4mm clearance either side of a void driver when its in the box.  Don't think an SD-18 will even fit.  PD driver will just fit. The access panel is big enough for the driver to go in diagonally.. 

"It sounded like a million fire engines chasing ten million ambulances through a war zone and it was played at a volume that made the empty chair beside me bleed."
freddmo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2005 at 5:23pm
Thanks a lot people !

Top job there
norty303 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote norty303 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2005 at 6:57pm

Wasn't Rog going to explain why this one seemed to perform better?

Be interested to know as I seem to have a bit more standing room in my lounge and i appear to be turning into a bass junkie....

(Don't pack up that router just yet Dom  )

My laser stuff: Frikkin Lasers
Tumble View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tumble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2006 at 4:38pm
could these be streched another 18mm without running into any problems? or  would it need to be remodeled again. if so...

how do you go about doing it?

or

can someone do it for me?

cheers

tom
Retox
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>