Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Scoops
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The 'Bull-X' Medium size (updated)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 18>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tekasis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2008 at 6:29pm
Originally posted by mykey mykey wrote:

An average scoop won't go as low as this, due to it having a larger chamber

Shocked I don't believe it...So it's finally agreed that larger chamber scoops drop/go lower!

What kind/type of scoops is classed as average?

and 24''  wide I think is a good width

600mm is a perfect width, it's the height where I can't see why anyone would want to build a scoop over 900mm tall & call it a mini, when a full scoops is usually 1200mm!
Unless it really would perform that spectacularly!

**Heavy Weight-Line**
A home without books is like a body with no soul.
Deadbeat View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deadbeat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2008 at 6:34pm
Mykey - do you find smaller chamber controls driver better (see displacement graphs) as with FLHs? How does it affect the rolloff rate at the bottom end?
Away on extended leave.
levyte357 View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2008 at 6:57pm

I'd say lev & Tek are the ones wearing the blonde curly wigs when it comes to scoops, I'll let them decide if it comes under a MINI scoop or not

Can say straight away most 18s (even Eminence Kappa) would work in this scoop, below 500W. But the chamber seems very large, so drivers would last longer in the version with all the bracing and tuning.

Mykey, how about excursion graphs @ 800W for,

a)V18-1200
b)V18-1000
c)PD1850

Edited by levyte357 - 02 November 2008 at 7:00pm
"Who am I? I'm the guy who does his job.. You must be the other guy".
Tekasis View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tekasis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2008 at 6:58pm

anything thats smaller doesn't stand a chance

Sounds like clash talk!

Reckon if you post a pic of a finished one & you should get more interest & sales! Then post it over on this King of the mini's thread (http://www.speakerplans.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9019&PN=5)

Tek, do you have any sizes of mini's by any chance? if you're aloud to give external sizes away that is 

Don't know what you mean by the last bit of you question, but the externals are on Shortman's heavyweight thread which ended up getting messy as usual!

H - 889 mm               35''   high

D - 762 mm               30''   deep

W - 600 mm              24''   wide

Under 3' high!

Edited by Tekasis - 02 November 2008 at 7:10pm
**Heavy Weight-Line**
Deadbeat View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deadbeat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2008 at 7:04pm
How big is the RX18 Jnr?

Tony posted external dims somewhere...
Away on extended leave.
Tekasis View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tekasis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2008 at 7:30pm

I'd say lev & Tek are the ones wearing the blonde curly wigs when it comes to scoops, I'll let them decide if it comes under a MINI scoop or not

Well, personally I don't know, as it is a bit bigger than your previous attempt! Remember!

38'' high x 30'' deep x 24'' wide, and yes it actually has a 'scoop' unlike other minis

Ain't it similar to Ligwa's & Soundlite's ?

Mini or full or in between, the way I see it is, if it does the job, bring it on!

**Heavy Weight-Line**
Jhodas View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jhodas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2008 at 2:03am
Nice one for releasing the plans mykey.

I have yet to hear some dubsubs, but still looking forward to that, and hearing these.

C'mon all you closet chippies! Get cracking!
Until the Lions have their own historians, tales of hunting will always glorify the hunter.
mykey View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2008 at 3:23am
cheers Jodas

Tek forget the comment about outside measurement

610 is 24'' wide

@tweet, any driver will work well , that was my driver and you should check out the V1200
not had time to sim any others, maybe someone else could?

Yes lev, with optional tuning it plays similar to a 48'' high scoop

@ Tek, as you can see what i have said here........

"this Bull-X mini scoop is the outcome from all the feedback from Lev and Tek over timeClap " 
as you can see from the graphs, a larger chamber is going to give you lower bass at the expense of higher bass

so i'll eat my words chaps

atleast the graphs are now proof and are good referance

mykey View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2008 at 3:25am
my qoute on the size of the ASS mini
don't qoute me on that
mykey View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2008 at 3:27am
Originally posted by Tekasis Tekasis wrote:

An average scoop won't go as low as this, due to it having a larger chamber

Shocked I don't believe it...So it's finally agreed that larger chamber scoops drop/go lower!

What kind/type of scoops is classed as average?

and 24''  wide I think is a good width

600mm is a perfect width, it's the height where I can't see why anyone would want to build a scoop over 900mm tall & call it a mini, when a full scoops is usually 1200mm!
Unless it really would perform that spectacularly!

24'' 610mm wide 48'' high 28'' deep
mykey View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2008 at 4:10am
610mm = 24''
788mm = 31''
1052mm = 41 3/8''
mykey View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2008 at 5:03am
Originally posted by levyte357 levyte357 wrote:

Can say straight away most 18s (even Eminence Kappa) would work in this scoop, below 500W. But the chamber seems very large, so drivers would last longer in the version with all the bracing and tuning.

Mykey, how about excursion graphs @ 800W for,

a)V18-1200
b)V18-1000
c)PD1850

you could do something like this lev, this may keep the driver under better control over 500, this is not something that HR can predict, this is something that I experimented with, with different cabs 
although somthing like the 'TANK' PD1850 would be fine I'm sure

option 1. a single dog leg or 2. 2 pockets or you could even do 4 pockets directly behind the driver

it's just a matter of playing around to achieve the best outcome

if someone builds the Bull and wants to put the A & B panels in, they can do this in sections, so's to fit them through the baffle hole
cheers 

I have done the pockets at an angle, it doesn't have to be

Edited by mykey - 03 November 2008 at 8:47am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 18>